Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Adventures in breadmaking

After baking 2 dismal bread pancakes following the instructions that came with my Morphy Richards bread maker and the gluten free setting....I found some recipes online and tweaked a bit.

Here is my flax rice bread which is the tastiest so far (click to enlarge). Slice on the day it is made and toast on subsequent days straight from fridge or freezer.

I beat ingredients into a batter with a balloon whisk and put into paddle-less bread machine pan. Place pan in machine after 2nd knead cycle (listen out for beeps) using setting 2 (wholemeal) for 2 rises and a bake.


Sesame Flax Rice Bread
2 large eggs
1 ⅔ cup water
2 tsp yeast
3 tbsp sugar
1 ½ tsp salt
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp vinegar
¼ cup brown rice flour
½ cup flaxseed flour
2 ½ cup GF bread flour

1/4 cup of sesame and mustard seeds

my basic rice bread didn't rise quite as well but I suspect I didn't get the amount of water quite right:

Basic Rice Bread
400ml water
2 tsp dried yeast

1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

2-3 tbsp oil
2 eggs, beaten
3 ½ cups GF bread flour