1 cup brown rice flour
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup ground almonds
some sliced almonds
1/4 tsp xanthum powder
2 drops vanilla extract
1/2 to a 1/3 cup margarine
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and then add the vanilla and 1/2 cup of margarine.
- Combine using your hands for 5 mins until it forms a soft dough. If too crumbly add a little more marg (approx a tbsp).
- Press onto a baking sheet (or if you want a neat curved edge, into the bottom of a silicone cake mold). I use the base of a cup for this to avoid lots of finger indents.
- Sprinkle with a few more sliced almonds and a little more icing sugar and score the top using a blunt knife.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until browned. Leave to cool before cutting.
Note: almonds are a good source of calcium.